Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Gene Jenkins a friend.

Today is a sad day for me. Yesterday morning my son called to let me know that a very dear and old friend had gone to be in the presents of his Lord. Gene Jenkins was a great man to me. He had a very positive affect not only in my life but the life of my two sons. Gene was a very quiet man, a man of deep conviction and purpose. From working in a small grocery store to a large grocery store, to teaching school, to teaching high school and even to keeping both the school and church yards manicured. Gene was always Gene a very warm greeting, big smile along with a good hand shake. Gene, this grouchy old man will miss you beyond words! I am going to strive just a little more to do my best to see that smile and feel that hand shake in that city.

May the peace which goes beyond all understanding bring that deep peace to each and every member of his family! I ask for the same peace which touched myself a little over eighteen years ago be with each of you.

No comments: