Friday, October 9, 2009

A Seagull

One lone seagull standing in the sand, I looked at him / her that morning and was interested in the three things which I saw. It is very intriguing to me that all we really see is the reflection of light on an object. Think about that for just a moment! If there was NO light source how could we see or perceive anything around us? Would we even have a need for eyes? That morning I saw three parts to or of the seagull. First his shadow, second the seagull its self, last a reflection in the sand. I have pondered this picture several times before I put on my blog and these are my thoughts about what I saw.
The shadow is not even a good representation of the gull. No color, no real exact detail, you can’t tell where the wings, eyes or beak start and end. Just a very loose outline of what is there.

The reflection is a lot better. We can see some of the color, we can tell things about the wings, the eyes and the beak. Yet it has a little more detail of the seagull than the shadow.
Last is the real thing! All the real colors, we can easily see the eyes, the beak and the wings. The colors are so much brighter and easier to see. There is an abundance of detail for us to see and appreciate.
In my day to day life which of these three do I portray the most?


Just my thought as I pass this way today.