Thursday, May 6, 2010

Hark Mother’s Day commeth!!

This morning I am thinking of my mother and just one incident in my life with mom. Mother was a small woman; the most she ever weighed was about 113 when she was pregnant with my little sister. We had marks on the kitchen door jam her height and mine. She caught me one morning checking my height and sure enough I was just a tad taller. This to an early teen boy caught me funny and I started to laugh and taunt mother about me be bigger than she was. She just took the ruler I was using and had me stand back against the jam, “sure enough you are taller than me.” End of conversation, breakfast and off to play. Monday evening when she came home from work she came in with a bag in her hand and straight to the kitchen and behind the stove it went. Nothing was said. Saturday morning my curiosity was going mad, “Mom what did you put behind the stove?” “Glad you asked,” she went behind the stove and pulled out the bag. In the bag was a hard wood dowel about one inch in diameter and about three feet long, she just stood there and waved it back and forth like a ball bat. “Now that you are bigger than I am that means I can use any method I want to get your attention!” Take my word for it she did have my undivided attention!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Just a thought said...

Sorry!
I could not read your comments!

Mervi