Saturday, May 22, 2010

Image

Have a few days ago I left a comment on the subject of imitating Christ. There was a comment that left me a little troubled. In that event here are my thoughts on being one who would seek to imitate our King and Redeemer.

And we have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him. (Col 3:10)

Where fore I beseech you, be ye followers of me. (1 Cor 4:6)

Be ye followers of me, even as I am also of Christ. (1 Cor 11:1)

Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; (Eph 5:1)


Note the word follower has the Strong’s number of 3402. Here is what Strong’s comment, “NT:3402
NT:3402
mimhth/$
mimetes (mim-ay-tace'); from NT:3401; an imitator:
(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)


Amplified Bible:
1 Cor 4:16
16 So I urge and implore you, be imitators of me.

1 Cor 11:1
1 PATTERN YOURSELVES after me [follow my example], as I imitate and follow Christ (the Messiah).



Just my thought today:
Mervi

2 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Love to follow Christ!! BTW: I didn't mean to be "ugly" in my comment the other day. It is that I've seen people "imitate" or "pretend", and it just doesn't do the job the Lord intended. Hope you and Virginia are enjoying your vacation.

Just a thought said...

Karen:
I have meet and had to deal with more of those who seek to IMITATE my Lord that my ability to endure them is quite short.
I know what you are saying.

Yes, we are haveing a great time.

Mervi