Thursday, December 27, 2007


Dec. 27, 2007
If I have anything left to do in this measurement of time we have called 2007 I’d better get a move on!!
Really, I have set the last three mornings with a cup of foul back fluid (coffee) and reviewed my balance sheet for the year coming to an end, so very quickly. How much good have I deposited in others, how much hurt have I deposited into others? Have I reached out a hand to help, have I withheld that hand that could have helped? How often was I in too big a hurry with MY stuff to hear a friend, how often did I invest that few moments to just sit and hear a friend out?
You see there is quite a bit to ponder on this balance sheet. I know that I have always been the type of person who liked a balance sheet. It keeps me advised of what has come in and what has gone out, where I stand at any given moment. But, I ponder my balance sheet knowing full well that one day I shall give an accounting. My balance sheet shall be balanced against HIS and then I shall both know and understand the TRUE balance of my existence as a human being.
A happy entranced into the New Year to each who have taken the time to read my words!

Mervi

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy, happy New Year!

Shirley Buxton

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

After the cat post, I have to come back to this one and say that it's a great post. I must come out in the black when the account is balanced.

The cat commercial is too funny - love it!