Friday, December 7, 2007

This is that day, “which shall live in infamy

This is that day, “which shall live in infamy,” (President Roosevelt). We, as a nation, need to remember the price which those young men and women paid to maintain liberty, the freedom of choice, in this world. This is that day on which we must take a few moments and reflect on the price which was paid for our freedom to choice. That freedom of choice, which allows us the freedom to choice where I choose to live, where I choose to work, what I choose to buy, and how and where I choose to worship the deity of my choice. I have a very deep regard for those young people who both serviced and gave the highest price, their lives in that war. I had two uncles who served in the Pacific theater and two in the European theater. All have died, yet the stories which they told me, as I was a child still linger in my mind. I have passed these stories on to both of my sons and to their children. Why? So that when my decedents see these memorials to war, World War Two memories, the Vietnam wall and other memorials of war. So that they will have an understanding of what was at stake and the victories that they sacrifices brought. Victories, the right to have the political process in which we, as a nation, are now involved in. That process to elect a new President of our Nation.

Yet, I have a concern or fear. What would have been the out come of World War two if there had been live cameras imbedded within these troupes as they engaged the great battles in the South Pacific and those in North Africa or the Battle of the Bulge? How would our parents and grandparents have reacted if they would have seen, life, the invasion of Europe? Would the war have ended the same if that war had been shown / fought in the front rooms of the America people, as they are now? I will quote President Roosevelt again, “I hate war Eleanor hates war.” I believe that we can all agree that we hate war! Yet, there comes a time where we, as a nation, must arise and meet force with force to those who impose their will upon others unjustly.

2 comments:

servant said...

There are only two people in this live that has given there lives so that others might live.

Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.

Thankyou to both

Just a thought said...

Servent;
Thank you for your comment!
From where I stand I look at Jesus Christ as MUCH more than a man.
Mervi