Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sept.11


I saw this picture yesterday and spent some time just thinking, dangerous for me to do. I hope I never forget the radio commentator I was listening to that morning and the emotions that flowed from his voice and out of the radio.
NO!
This is not my picture. But it is a tribute to the innocent who gave their lives on that day of unspeakable violence.

“As the anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack approaches, a test of the Tribute in Light Memorial illuminates a passing cloud above lower Manhattan. The twin towers of light, made-up of 44 searchlights near Ground Zero, are meant to represent the fallen twin towers of the World Trade Center. Depending on weather conditions, the columns of light can be seen for at least 20 miles around the trade center complex. U.S. Coast Guard photo by Public Affairs 2nd Class Mike Hvozda Date Taken: 12/11/2007, Accu-weather.com”

May we, as a nation, never allow that day to pass from our collective memories.

No comments: