Friday, May 9, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

This is the weekend when we take the time to acknowledge mothers. I sit here this morning and remember a small lady, not even five feet tall, weighed less than a hundred lbs and gray headed. Yet, she could keep three boys under control. Cook, oh my, fresh cinnamon rolls to blow a diet in next month. One great sense of humor, she needed it!!

Then another mother, she gave to me two sons. OH, could she play anything. I mean anything, bass the stand up kind, piano, sax, zilaphone if it made music she could play it. Never forget one night a pastor was preaching on the need to have unity. He turned to my wife and said, “Can you play something on just the black keys?” In almost an instant she played “When the saints go marching in.” The pastor said, “Man can you ruined a good message,” we all laughed.

Then there is a third mother, who was kind enough to marry, me after my first wife’s death. She not only became a wife but by saying, “I do,” she became a wife, mother, mother-in-law and a grand-mother all at once. She has been great at each of these. Then a new joy has come to us, we have our first great-grand-daughter we found out yesterday that we will now become great-grand-parents a second time, this one is to be a boy, if we can trust medical science.


To each of the mothers who “pass this way.”
Happy mothers day to each of you. You are special.

Mervi




2 comments:

Mr Pineapples said...

nice one Merv

keep up the good work

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Sweet post.
"If you can trust medical science". My first grand-daughter turned out to be a boy. Be I hear that the other way around is more accurate. Hope it's a boy!!!