Wednesday, February 4, 2009

He see' you and me.

From the Gospel of Mark Chapter 6 Verses 45 to 48a.

And straightway he constrained his disciples to get into the ship, and to go to the other side before unto Bethsaida, while he sent away the people. And when he had sent them away, he departed into a mountain to pray. And when even was come, the ship was in the midst of the sea, and he alone on the land. And he saw them toiling in rowing; for the wind was contrary unto them:


Take just a few moments and think about the disciples who were, “constrained,” to get into the boat that afternoon. No Lord if you don’t go we are not going. Please Peter just get in the boat, I will see you later. OK, Lord, I will go. But I don’t like it! As they rowed away Jesus climbed the mountain. That evening Jesus looked out to see a storm upon the water. Then He looked deeper into that storm and there the disciples were toiling against the storm.

In the storm of life let us not forget that from the hill called Mt. Calvary He saw me. He saw me toiling in the storm of this day. He saw the sweet, the strain, the frustration and the sadness of being yet another storm.

The end is that He did come to Peter not in some other boat. Oh No! He can waling on the water. Not the way that Peter had expected.


Just a thought as I pass this way;
Mervi

No comments: