Sunday, April 5, 2009

This is the time or season when we look back toward and think about the resurrection of our Lord as He became the victor over death. But some of the things that happened in that few short days before His resurrection. One of these was His “triumphant entry” into Jerusalem. I have little misgiving that many knew who He was just by sight. They saw Him sitting astraddle a small donkey as it made its way into the gate of that great city. Even those who did not know Jesus on sight were caught up in the spirit of the crowd, “Hosanna blessed is He that cometh in the name of the Lord.” The people cried, they yelled at the top of their voice, they waved their arms and hands, men took off their coats and cast them before Him. I am sure that many ran ahead and cut palm fans and strewn them before Him. Would I be wrong to say that little children were sent running to get mom or dad because Uncle James told them to tell their parents that Jesus was coming into the city? As the crowd grew so did the exaltation of Jesus and God. It got so profound that the religious leaders tried to step in and quell the worship.
Oh that my worship of Him would be as pleasing to Him! Oh that my desire to worship the One who came out of the tomb would draw the attention of others who may not know Him! Oh that I would cast the most important thing I have before Him!
That Jesus could say of me, “should he hold his peace the rocks would take up the praise.

Just my thoughts;

Mervi

2 comments:

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

I can't let down my worship, I don't want to let a rock take my place! He is worthy all the time!

Just a thought said...

Amen & Amen