Friday, May 8, 2009

Loss of youth!

My heart was moved this morning as I read this story.

The Rev. Michael Pfleger has ordered the American flag at St. Sabina Church hung upside-down -- a historic sign of distress -- to symbolize the growing death toll among Chicago's youngsters. So far this school year, 36 children and teens have been slain -- more than one a week -- and Pfleger is among a chorus of Chicagoans who say the slayings aren't getting the attention they deserve.

The death and carnage of young people! This to me is a very sad state of affairs. Where are the parents? What is happening in the schools? Sorry! My questions would go on and on. Personally, even though I do not know any of these young people, who have lost their life’s. I will asking our God to help this group of youth!

The complete story can be found on the CNN front page.

Just a thought as I pass this way;
Mervi

1 comment:

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

This is tragic... Chicago, this country, our world is showing signs of distress. Relate this to imminent birth in the natural. Crucial point.