Friday, April 11, 2008

A Point Of Honesty ?

ST PETERSBURG, Russia (Reuters) -

Car cleaners at a Russian firm got a surprise when they cleaned out a vacuum cleaner this week: a diamond pendant worth up to 300,000 euros ($475,400).
"I didn't know how much it was worth at first so I got a jeweler to come around and he said it was worth as much as 300,000 euros," Vladimir Shapiro, owner of the car cleaning firm in Russia's northern city of St Petersburg, told Reuters.

"When I heard the value my jaw dropped to the floor," he said. "You would have to notice losing something like this."

He said he was not going to disclose much about the pendant so that he could return it to its true owner.

How would you handle this if you were in the same situation?

1 comment:

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Astonishing! You'd think someone noticed.
I would do the same thing as this car cleaner - put an add in hope the owner would read it.
But I wonder if this type of people bothers with small adds. Strange world.