Saturday, January 17, 2009

Pictures anyone?

I was sitting here this morning remembering a blog some months back about having a waitress take some group pictures and the disaster it came out to be. Several summers back Virginia and I were on the pier at Pismo. My manner is that if I see people taking pictures of others I will offer to take pictures of them as a part of the group. Well, out on the end of the pier there was a group of about ten to fifteen Orientals all taking pictures. I approached one gentleman and motioned to take a picture. He looked at me, looked at the camera, said something to his fellow travelers and handed me the camera. I don’t remember how many pictures I took of that group. They wanted some take out over the water, with Pismo behind them, they aligned in this order then in that order then the original gentleman walked over bowed slightly, which I returned , only a little deeper to show respect to him. The next thing Virginia and I knew we were with this part of the group picture, that part of the group picture, over here picture, over there picture and with the good old America sign of thanks and good luck a thumbs up from several of the men. Virginia looked at me and said, “What was that all about?” “Well someday our picture may be all over China as passing secrets from the Chinese,” she almost lost it.

The cost of doing a little good many times is very small.

Just something to think about as we pass this way;
Mervi

No comments: