Thursday, November 15, 2007

I am not afraid of death, it is how!


In Bakersfield, Ca today at the University of California at Bakersfield Terry Waite will be speaking. Mr. Waiter was one of those held hostage in Iran some years ago. In the opener to his speech or the lead into his story he makes this comment, “"I wasn't afraid of death," Waite said. "I was afraid of the means of how I would die. Would it hurt when the bullet went through my head?"
I am sitting in a little gourmet coffee shop with a high speed wireless for my lap top, reading the news, e-mails and blogs this morning. As I read this everything came to a halt!! Mervi, do you fear death? Or is it the method of dying that causes fear?
We hear from history that Bro. Paul who RAN to the executioner. I can see that in my, sometimes demented mind, the point of pain, physical that is, would be quick and over. But to exit this life as we all have seen others do in days of deep pain and sadness. Now we have some differences in the end process of life. For one to endure days, weeks, months and sometimes years of physical pain. The length of time is a torment of its own, and then the emotional pain that it brings into the lives of our loved ones.
I think I will agree with Mr. Waite. I do not fear death; it is the method that is used to bring me to that exit of life.
Please feel free to add your thoughts.

No comments: