Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Keep your eyes upon Jesus.



I am going to lift a thought from a book that I have been reading at night. I have a habit of reading something devotional just before I enter the realm of sleep. And this is the book I am currently reading, "More Stories for the Heart.




"When Leonardo da Vinci had finished his immortal "Last Supper," He asked a friend for an evaluation. The friend heaped superlatives on the masterpiece and especially praised the wine cup in the Lord's hand. At that point, Lenardo blotted out the cup. "Nothing," he was said to have exclaimed, "should distract one's attention from the Lord." (Author Unknown)




I laid there quietly for sometime, thinging and wondering what has or might distract my attention from JESUS?
Mervi

3 comments:

Jolene Harris said...

Merv, A very powerful statement. I will remember this one. I am going to add it to my collection of favorites.

Just a thought said...

Jolene:
Thank you so much for your very kind words.

The best that Jesus has for you and yours!!

Mervi

Unknown said...

Great!