Monday, November 26, 2007

Monday Morning.

Monday morning and here I sit coffee in hand and laptop lightning my way. I am doing some reflecting some on the weekend that has just passed. We had our kids, grand kids and great grand girl, all in our home for dinner Saturday afternoon. I so enjoyed seeing them and spending a little time with each. Getting to hug their necks, sit and listen to their life’s goals, hopes and dreams. Doing the best I could to just listen and not do too much other then offer a suggestion and a question or two with the hope it would cause them to think some about their life’s direction.
Yes, I did get to both enjoy and give thanks for the things that are really important in my life, my generations from the Lord!

I hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.

Mervi

2 comments:

Jana Allard said...

Listening is the best thing you can do for young people. If you listen to them, they will trust you when you finally speak. Glad your holiday was great.

Just a thought said...

Sis. Allard;

Yes, we do need to take the time to hear what young people say. There are many times when all they need is someone to hear them. Not try to fix them just to hear.

Mervi