Friday, March 28, 2008

The real time to have FAITH

I attended the funeral of my good friend’s mother yesterday.

Another friend Pastor Ray Brown made a comment as he was talking that I had never thought of before. “The time to have faith is at this time in this place. Yes, we need faith in the sick room. Yes, we need faith as we are praying with people in the alter. But at this point of time, If we have hope of Christ in this life only we are of all men most miserable.”

When the time comes that we are committing the body of a loved one, who has lived for and served Jesus, into the ground. That is when we need to take hold of the faith of the resurrection. I had never really stopped my busy day or mind to weigh or consider this thought before. YES! The real time to have faith is at the time when our loved ones have departed this world.

Mervi

1 comment:

Jana Allard said...

The elder Sis. Frost was a dear lady.