Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I am proud to be an Amercian!!

Yes, I still stand when the “Star Spangled Banner is Played,” I still put my hand over my heard at the Pledge of allegiance. I have had the very moving experience of standing in Fort Sumter, South Carolina and Looking out into the bay. Yes, I have stood as the Guard was changed at the tomb of the unknown solider.

I am writing today sitting in a good old American Starbucks; behind me, in line this morning, there were two young men in military uniform. I bought their coffee. These young men and their commitment have allowed me to still have my freedom, that freedom, which allows me to sit in a Starbucks and enjoy a cup of coffee.

Mervi

2 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

I am proud to be an American too.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

I am not American-born, but tears feel my eyes when they play the "Star Spangled Banner " and "La Marseillaise".
Honorable gesture to buy those coffees - many lives have paid, and still lives lost, for our freedom.