Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Bridge


Oh bridge I see
Oh where will you lead?
My steps are not as quick
My steps are not as sure
Please, Oh Bridge, be steady now for me.

Oh bridge I see
Time has brought me here
Time that stands behind and before me
Time that moves me on, where I know not!
Time that has no point of rest, always on the move.

Oh bridge I see
As I move cross your boards
I look beyond your crossing
From shadowy trees which hang low quite field I see.
Yet, I have faith in He who waits. . . .




2 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

I can't believe it. My mind has been on bridges lately, and I just finished writing an article that I will be posting next week. I think our Lord is getting our hearts ready to make that journey. Your post just reaffirms my feelings. Thanks for the wonderful post.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

My feelings exactly.
Few days ago, at sunset, I sat outside with my laptop - never do that. Something got ahold of me and the urgency of Jesus soon return gripped my heart. NO TIME, NO TIME, was the cry of my soul.

BTW I didn't know you were such a poetic writer, nice surprise :)