Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Jonah (1)

Jonah.

That small book in what we call the Minor Prophets. I have read and taught this book and its applications many times. However today I would like to bring about a different vain of thought. Not to dwell on a man running from the call of God, so much, this will be brought out a little latter. Please bear with me as I bring a thought. Oh, yes, your input would be great to read and process, sorry, thing about as I wonder along.

Just another point of interest, as I turned around to get a Bible the one I happened to pick up is a Chronological Bible. This Bible puts the happenings of Jonah at the time of Jeroboam II. Something new to me!

On to Jonah. He ran from the Lord and found a sea cruse getting underway. As they traveled a, “Great storm,” over took the cruise ship. Yet our friend Jonah was far below deck sound asleep Now how could he, a land lubber, sleep whenever the sea faring men could not? The sound of the waves, the thunder and the pounding rain did not disquiet our friend as he slept?

HOW COULD HE SLEEP?

Mervi

No comments: