Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thuresday morning of Camp-meeting.

Here I sit at an infamous Starbucks ingesting my drug of choice. I have read several blogs this morning about the camp-meeting. Some of the thoughts and concerns of others that I must or I do feel a closeness to some of the questions that have been raised.

I have been so challenged by the teaching / preaching of both Bro. Davies and Bro. Jones the well within has been stirred and a new flow has begun. That deep moving, which comes from deep within my life, that heartrending which will bring about a REAL change within my perspective of this thing we call life?

My heart is moved within me, as I look about and see the many who have chosen to be or do something other than be with us at camp! My spirit has been grieved deep within me, as I see those who have made a choice to go in some other direction. Is or are the directions, these my friends, have chosen right or wrong? This is a question that only my Lord can answer. I hope that we, my friends that have chosen a different direction, that we can still be friends and enjoy one another?

Mervi

3 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Great camp meeting, isn't it? What powerful teaching and preaching. It's just what God ordered for His people. BTW, I think I saw you at a distance as we were driving through the campers.

Just a thought said...

So sorry we missed you. We looked for you Sunday night at Bro. Keyes. Also ask about you at camp meeting. Looked often for you, but somehow missed you. Soooo sorry. Would have loved to visit with you. Mervi kept asking, "Have you seen her?" So we missed again. May the Lord richely bless you and Bro. Hopper.

Virginia Clark

Karen J. Hopper said...

Virginia,
I am sorry that we didn't connect. My husband told me that you guys were at the Keyes church the Sunday before camp meeting but I was still coming off a couple of illnesses that had knocked me down so was still resting until Tuesday when I came out of my cocoon. God bless you.