Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Early Morning

I stood this morning in center of a country road. I stood watching the Eastern sky, as that gray of early dawn pushed the darkness of the Midnight Blue across the sky. I stood and watched as Orin, Polaris, the Greater Dipper and the lesser all yield to the morning gray. The outline of the mighty Sierras became more and more pronounced as the morning gray over came the night.
As I watched a thought started within me and that thought turned into a prayer there in the middle of a country road, “Oh Lord in this short time frame I call today. Let that light that you have given me fight back the darkness in some life. Allow that darkness to be chased away some of the fear, of what is not seen. Oh Lord allow them to see, just the outline, of that great mountain of God.”

Just a thought:

Mervi

3 comments:

DeadMule said...

Hi Mervi, I love the "great mountain of God." Helen

Tredway Tales said...

What a great way to start out the morning. Thanks for the encouraging words. I will also make that my prayer today. In this world full of pollution that tries to hide the light of God, and cloud our vision, let me see that mighty mountain of God in my life that I can climb upon and get rest.

Josh

Just a thought said...

Helen:
Taking you comment from a published author is of great encouragement.
Or, just thanks for stopping by.

Mervi