Monday, November 24, 2008

Have I missed something?

There is something happening in our society at this time that has me just a little or maybe a lot confused. The events of the last month have brought some confusion to my thinking and with some with whom I have presented my query. So I will present it here hoping for someone who will try to help me understand.

Point one.
There is a portion of our society that stands back and says, “What? We don’t need that piece of paper. We are in love. That little piece of paper won’t mean a thing. We have our love, isn’t that all that all we need? Will we be more in love after we get it?”

Point two.
Then another portion of our society stands back and demands. “We want that little piece of paper. We are entitled to it. We want to get married. We will get the courts to give us this right.” They are making every effort to get that little piece of paper.

Now, would someone invest the time to try and show me what is going on?

Mervi

No comments: