Saturday, November 15, 2008

Just a couple of thoughts.

I am upon my old soap Box!

Here is a story that creates some very deep feeling in me. I was raised in a home with a drinking father. I have both seen him drive and been in the car with him when he was far to drunk to operating a 2,000 lb missile. The man who is the direct cause of the devastation to this family needs to be proscuted to the extent of MURDER!!
YES! I do have very strong feeling about someone who is behind the guidance system of this large a projectile. It was done by choice! It was done knowing they were impaired! It is / was not the first time.
Yes! A second time, if my dad in a very impaired and repeated condition would cause this type of loss. He should be proscuted to the complete end of the law.


"Amanda Jahn was driving home from teaching a violin lesson, her two young children strapped into their car seats, when a vehicle came barreling through a stop sign and slammed into their car.
A repeat drunken driver was behind the wheel of the other vehicle, officials said."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-dui-deathsnov12,0,1585608.story

I have stepped from my soap box.

Now for something on the liter side. How fast do we require computers to be?

"KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - How fast is the new supercomputer at Oak Ridge National Laboratory? If everyone in the world performed one mathematical calculation per second, it would take 650 years to do what this machine can do in one day."

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20081111/D94CEO9G0.html

This computer could only be used by Bill Gates and Donald Trump as they calculate their tax returns.

Have a great weekend;

Mervi

No comments: