Thursday, November 13, 2008

Just an old dead rose.



I took this picture Tuesday in my back yard. One dead, dry, gone and with all its beauty stripped away rose. As I looked at the remains of this rose there is a text that keeps coming to mind, “the summer is passed and the harvest is over and still we are not saved.” As I sit here and type I have a concern for many, where are they in the seasons of life. Are they in the summer, the time of planting and preparation for life? Are they in the time of harvest, hard work with rewards, seeing the things they worked for come to in to being and enjoying the growth and its rewards? Or are they in the time when it is almost all completed the smaller task after the harvest, the cleaning and preparation for another harvest, the raking and cleaning? But still where is the Lord in our life? Has He changed location in our priorities?

Just a thought;

Mervi

3 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Beautiful thought, beautiful picture even if the rose was fading. Strange how I'd never looked at the rose's beauty in its transition into its eternity. Your picture made that come to life.

Just a thought said...

Thank you very deeply for your kind words.

Mervi

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Nature is beautiful at all stages.This rose is beautiful.
Beautiful post. The thought you express "where is the Lord in our (my) life?" talked to me.